In order to be strong for others, we must take time to renew our strength. It is easy to think we have so much to do we could not possibly stop long enough to take care of ourselves. Even if it is just 15-30 minutes, build in time each day or week to take care of yourself.
This may include:
- reading a magazine or a chapter of a book you keep meaning to pick up
- fixing yourself a cup of hot tea and just sitting down for a few minutes
- taking a walk around the block or at a local park
- drinking more water each day
- spending time with a friend who is positive
- going to bed earlier so you feel rested for the next day
You might even write yourself a note to remind you that you need to take time for yourself. When you do, you begin to be stronger on the inside and more equipped to deal with the things that life brings your way! If you are not good at taking time for yourself, ask a friend to help hold you accountable and give your more creative ideas!